Audible and visual warning
- LEADER Volt will give the early warning without the need of contact with a power source
3 sensitivity modes:
- High sensitivity: For inspection from great distance
- Low sensitivity: Aids in detecting the source
- Front focused mode: Makes the unit unidirectional (and reduces the influence of high voltage wires overhead)
Urban Search & Rescue:
- Detection of unknown sources of unshielded and potentially hazardous AC voltages.
- During, and after fires, during overhaul and investigations.
- Quick check of site and vehicle for potential exposure to AC voltage. Verification and monitoring of power disconnect.
Confined Space Rescue:
- To verify power shut-off and proper lockout at the entry site of machinery and equipment posing hazard’s through accidental activation.
- After earthquakes, wind and ice storms or floods, to identify energized wires on roads or in structures whithin collapsed buildings and flooded sites. Quick check of extent of power outage.
- Locate potential sources of electrical shock during rescue operations.
Weight: 570 g
Dimensions: Diameter: 45 mm (0,15 ft) / Length: 521 mm (1,71 ft)
Running time: A set of alkaline batteries (4 x AA alkaline batteries included) will give one year of service (if left on continuously = 300 hrs)
Usable for frequency 20 to100Hz
o Operating: -30 to +50 °C (-86 to +122 °F)
o Storage & transport: -40 to +70 °C (-104 to +158 °F)
Only detects AC (Alternating Current) on bare cables. Does not detect DC (Direct Current) such as subway cables, tramway cables, high-voltage cables, or solar panels