The Next Generation Fire Boot. Tougher, more protective, better fitting. Call it Battle Ready. • Unique removable footbed provides advanced protection and a comfortable fit for almost every firefighter--accommodates medium, wide and extra-wide feet in one boot size! • Hybrid Leather/Fusion Upper combines FireTuff© Leather, rubber cladding, and a Nomex/Kevlar/Teflon F.P.P.E. blend for more performance with less weight. • 3-point Heel Lock/Ankle Guard gently holds the heel in place for a secure, comfortable fit; improved protection • Calf-Fit System with FR elastic insert comfortably accommodates all size calves • Integrated Pull Straps & built-in Boot Jack for easier donning and doffing, wet or dry • Certified NFPA 1971 (Structural Fire Fighting) and NFPA 1992 (Liquid Splash) • Available in men’s sizes 7, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 13, 14
The Next Generation Fire Boot. Tougher, more protective, better fitting. Call it Battle Ready.
- Unique removable footbed provides advanced protection and a comfortable fit for almost every firefighter--accommodates medium, wide and extra-wide feet in one boot size!
- Hybrid Leather/Fusion Upper combines FireTuff© Leather, rubber cladding, and a Nomex/Kevlar/Teflon F.P.P.E. blend for more performance with less weight.
- Ultra-performance waterproof/wicking CROSSTECH©-Omaha liner originally developed for military applications; Stitch-down construction prevents bunching or pullout.
- 3-point Heel Lock/Ankle Guard gently holds the heel in place for a secure, comfortable fit; improved protection
- Calf-Fit System with FR elastic insert comfortably accommodates all size calves
- Custom-fit Ortholite© Footbed: Unique Tri-density TPU footbed actually adjusts to your foot width for better support and more comfort
- Integrated Pull Straps & built-in Boot Jack for easier donning and doffing, wet or dry
- Certified NFPA 1971 (Structural Fire Fighting) and NFPA 1992 (Liquid Splash)
- Available in men’s sizes 7, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 13, 14, 15
Not only a better solution...but the new standard.
The next generation of Black Diamond Footwear starts here. The exceptional new X2 Boot combines the latest in footwear technology and fire industry innovations in a structural firefighting boot that truly breaks new ground. Unique new features and old-fashioned quality construction come together to improve fit, durability, protection, comfort, speed...and even looks. But most important-the new X2 will keep you safer.
Improved CROSSTECH© Moisture Barrier: Black Diamond Footwear takes W.L. Gore's most advanced moisture barrier for structural fire boots, and makes it even better with an advanced Omaha lining. It's a superior mil-spec combination originally developed for aggressive military applications-marrying the ultra waterproof/breathable barrier protection and performance of the CROSSTECH© membrane with the advanced moisture-wicking and smooth comfort of the Omaha lining. Plus Black Diamond uses traditional stitch-down Strobel construction to fasten the lining securely into place to prevent bunching and pull-out. We don't think you'll find a more comfortable combination anywhere.
More secure fit from heel to toe: A unique three-point heel locking system has a rubber molded heel lock that cradles the foot to keep the heel positioned correctly, and held securely in place. The system effectively ends slippage, preventing dangerous ankle roll and uncomfortable abrasion-problems that can reduce a firefighter's effectiveness, or worse, over a long, active day. And because it adds to the life expectancy of the boot, it helps make this boot a better investment than boots that may cost less initially...but simply don't last.
More comfort underfoot: The unique Ortholite© Tri-density, multi-fit, removable comfort footbed has a breathable, anti-fungal rubber compound for odor prevention and a TPU heel cradle for shock absorption and all-around comfort. But the X2 does even more to make your feet feel welcome. The Ortholite footbed is also "Multi-Fit". It includes two extra "filler layers" that can be removed or replaced to internally "change" the width-from Medium to Wide, or even Extra-Wide. All with the same boot. No matter which width you normally wear, this boot simply fits. Even if your feet naturally swell during a long day in the heat, or from one day to the next. Or if a change of socks makes a change you can feel, these exceptional boots can be adjusted for the most comfortable fit. How?
More speed: Integrated pull straps are built right into the sides of the heavy leather collar. They provide a quick sure grip for fast donning. There are no sewn-on leather or nylon web pull straps to eventually pull out or break...and nothing to flop around, get dirty, or become uncomfortably bunched up in the top of your boot. These boots are flexible where they need to be, but the construction of the durable leather and fusion shaft and built-in shin guards is designed to keep them standing upright for more support when you're in them, and easier donning when you're not-but need to be, fast. Plus they have a unique built-in boot jack that makes doffing almost laughably easy, even when wet.
- The Calf-Fit System: allows for maximum comfort and fit
- Integrated Pull-On System: Reinforced integral loop provides a fast, sure grip, eliminates broken loops,
- Comfort Shin Guard: Thick FR leather, padded for maximum protection from the steady pressure of a ladder rung, sudden impact, and abrasion; form-fitting segments conform to the shape of your shin with minimal extra bulk
- FireTuff Leather Upper: genuine, heavyweight f ire retardant, FireTuff leather
- Fusion Upper: a powerful blend of solution dyed Nomex / Kevlar and Teflon F.P.P.E. Combines the durability of Nomex, the strength and abrasion resistance of Kevlar and water resistance of patented Teflon F.P.P.E.
- 3-Point Heel Lock System: A unique molded rubber heel lock cradles the foot and locks the heel securely in place, correctly positioned to prevent ankle roll and protect against side impact. Whether you're walking, running, climbing, or crawling, this important feature of the X2 Boot ensures a better fit, more comfort, and a genuine advance in safety.
- CROSSTECH© membrane with Omaha lining: a high-performance wicking fabric originally developed for aggressive military applications. It makes a superior functional and protective lining for firefighting.
- Stitch-down lining construction: 'Strobel' stitched down construction provides optimum fit; prevents liner pullout
- 3M Scotchlite Reflective Material: flame-resistant, fluorescent, and reflective material for added viability
- Ortholite Footbed: Tri-density, multi-fit, removable footbed with breathable, anti-fungal, TPU heel cradle for shock absorption, odor prevention, and all-around comfort,
- Rubber Toe Cap and Heel Counter: rubber top cap protection for high-abrasion and a steel toe, HI 500 Oblique Comfort Toe meets or exceeds ASTM Standards
- Lenzi Puncture Protection Midsole: high performance composite resists penetration from below
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
2nd pair of these boots I have owned, they feel and fit great right our of the box, 1st pair had to be given up because I switched FD they felt even better after being broke in, warm in the winter and comfortable in the summer months. A little hard to take off, but comfort out weighs that. Only wish they were made in the USA.