The future of single layer wildland PPE has arrived with the introduction of the CrewBoss Gen II Response Jacket. This NFPA 1977 certified jacket achieves new levels of breathability, thermal protection, and comfort. Combine the CrewBoss Gen II Response Jacket with a pair of CrewBoss Gen II Tactical or Uniform Pants, and you have the most advanced wildland garment system on the market.
- Certified to NFPA 1977, NFPA 1975
- Extra large YKK zipper closure
- Sewn in radio pocket
- Bellowed chest pocket lies flush when not in use
- Dual mic tabs
- Scotchlite silver reflective trim on both biceps
- Hook & loop collar closure
- Hook & loop cuff closure
- Bi-swing back for added mobility
- Product number WLS0772
- Sizes 2XL and larger are non-returnable
- Additional sizes are available by phone order
Thermal Protection Specs
- Heat protection (RPP): 11.5 cals/cm²
- Breathability (THL): 752 W/m²
About the Gen II Program
The Gen II system was created in conjunction with the US Department of Homeland Security, the Army’s Natick research center, and numerous other government agencies. The goal of the program was to develop garments that could offer optimal protection against the risks faced by modern wildland firefighters. Flame resistance was a priority, but a high emphasis was also placed on breathability to reduce the risk of heat stroke and exhaustion in warm environments.
The program set high standards, all of which are met or exceeded by the CrewBoss Gen II Garment System.
Sigma 4 Star
Using a revolutionary, proprietary fiber blend, Sigma 4 Star fabric offers high levels of thermal protection, while still being exceptionally breathable.