How it works
The Wedge-It is designed to hold an interior or exterior door open to a 90 degree angle.
It can be placed
(1) on top of the door
(2) over the hinge pin
(3) or on the floor.
Top of the Door:
With door open to a 90 degree angle place Wedge-It on top of the door between door and door jamb.
Wedge-It is designed with 4 different settings to fit between the top of the door and the door jamb. This is because that distance varies between doors.
Over the Hinge Pin:
With door open to a 90 degree angle place Wedge-It over hinge between door and the door jamb.
On the Floor:
Wedge-It can be used on the floor like a traditional wooden or rubber door stop.
Pivoting glass doors
Wedge-It can also be placed in the opening of metal framed glass doors that pivot at top and bottom or placed on the floor like a traditional door stop.
- Ribbed construction for maximum strength while weighing less than 3 oz.
- Virtually indestructible because of LEXAN™ plastic construction, the same as bullet proof glass
- Small enough to fit in a pocket, strong enough to hold open the largest of doors and portable enough to hang on a uniform or trauma kit
- Four non skid polyurethane pads prevent it from sliding when placed on top of door or on smooth surfaces
- Notched to fit over top of hinge pin and hole is provided to assist with carrying
- Eliminates the use of rolled up newspapers, flower pots, doormats or other objects to hold doors open